Anyway, I was thinking on this wonderful day about all the things I have done over this past year and how my theme for 2013 has been to cherish moments and really realized I have learned so much in my 40 years of life so I thought it would be fun to share some. So here goes 10 things I have learned in my 40 years:
1) 40’s is the new 20’s if you play it right! I would never go back and love the age I am.
2) I can do anything I put my mind to. Example: Finishing the marathon and still being able to smile and walk!
3) It is important to laugh every day! (And I mean EVERY day!) I am sure there are studies that prove it but I’m telling you it is important because I would never make it through life without laughing! (just ask any of my friends, I could be called the class/friend clown!)
4) Cherish the time you spend with your kids because they grow up before your very eyes and it goes so fast!
5) I am stronger than I ever thought!
6) Confidence goes a long way! (Sometimes even faking the confidence makes you feel more confident!)
7) Being nice is not an option is a requirement. It is amazing what just a “thank you” or “you’re welcome” or a pleasant gesture can do to make someone’s day.
8) Making friends is hard and staying connected is hard but it is worth it! (I need to do more of this!)
9) It is never too late to go back to school. Graduated my undergrad 16 years after I first started and received my masters degree last year.
What have you learned in your time here? Please feel free to share!
One last thing, if you put yourself out there (like a blog) people will find you and bond with you through shared experiences and it is an incredible experience. Thanks bloggers and thanks for reading!