As some of you might know, I visit ice cream stands during this time of year almost on a nightly basis. (That is the real reason I run. So I can eat Desserts!!!). I was thinking recently (with the help of my significant other, Dave, who is often my date to local ice cream stands) ice cream really has a therapeutic quality to it. Here goes my attempt to at least connect that without the use of science because I am not really into that!
- Ice cream is therapeutic if you’re hot because it cools your core body temperature.
- Ice cream helps a sore throat when you are sick.
- Just the act of eating ice cream, especially on a cone, has to be done slowly as to avoid the dreaded cold headache and therefore slowing you down.
- If you have low blood sugar, ice cream provides all the sugar needed (plus I am sure a lot more than needed) to raise that blood sugar. (Please don’t use this justification if you are a diabetic!)
- Ice cream is made of milk so you are getting your calcium.
- Ice cream brings a family together because all I have to say is “Ice cream” and everyone is happy and ready to go!
- Buying ice cream at your local ice cream stand supports your community and therefore makes you feel good for helping others!
- Ice cream is a great end to a long day or a wonderful beginning if you chose to eat it for breakfast which sometimes sounds like a great idea.