- Favorite Christmas Album/CD/Song? Love Amy Grant’s Christmas Albums/CD’s They are in my CD player until New Year’s Day!
- Run on Christmas morning or take the day off? Hopefully I will run sometime during the day. It will be my only day off that week so I would like to enjoy it with a good run.
- What do you usually eat on Christmas morning? Bacon, eggs, and cinnamon rolls but we will eat anything because we love breakfast!
- Favorite holiday or Christmas tradition? Each year I give my daughter a new ornament(or two or three ornaments) for her tree. Now after 18 years she has a full tree and she can use when she moves away in the future. Also Christmas Eve service with my family and a midnight service if we can find one.
- Real tree, fake tree or no tree? 5 fake trees put up Thanksgiving night or within the next few days after Turkey day!
- Christmas pajamas, yay or nay? Nay. Just stick to my old T-shirt for bed.
- Where do you spend the holidays, at home, with your parents, extended family, in-laws or friends? We spend Christmas morning at home opening gifts and then go over to our extended families home for dinner and more gift giving.
- What’s your favorite Christmas food? I love the desserts, hence the reason I run! My favorite cookie to bake all during this season are Ginger Snaps that are soft and chewy instead of snappy!
- Open presents all at once or take turns? We take turns. I love to see what everyone gets!
- Favorite Christmas movie? Love Elf, Home Alone movies and the Santa Clauses.
Found this on one of the blogs I follow. You know my love for survey fun, so here goes:
1. FUEL: Shot Bloks, GU, Energy Chews, Candy or Other?
Still trying to figure this out but I am certain that GU is not the option. Tried it and did not like it. Next up is shot bloks.
2. Race Length: 5K, 10K, 1/2 Marathon, Marathon, Ultra or Other?
I love the 10K but I think I can get use to the 1/2 marathon. Now I think I have finally decided to train for a full marathon. Let’s see how that goes!
3. Workout Bottoms: Skirts, Running Shorts, Capris, Pants, or Other?
Running shorts!!! I don’t mind the capris when it is under 40 degrees but my legs get really hot!
4. Sports Drink: Gatorade, Powerade, Cytomax, you stick to water when you run or Other?
I will drink water when I run. Never very much but enough to keep me going.
5. Running temperatures: HOT or COLD?
I grew up in the heat and I am so happy to be in the cold. I have never liked to run in the cold before this year. Nothing better than a 40 degree run!
6. Running Shoe Brands: Saucony, Mizuno, Nike, Brooks, Asics, or Other?
Saucony is the only shoe for me right now! I get new ones about every three months and I can’t seem to venture away from them.
7. Pre-Race Meal: Oatmeal. Bagel, Banana, Eggs, Cereal or Other?
If I am running early I eat half a toasted bagel with peanut butter. It has worked in the past so why change it. Late day races, I just eat pretty normal just nothing very heavy or full of fiber.
8. Rest Days: 1x per week, 2x per week, never ever ever or Other?
I don’t feel like I ever rest but unfortunately due to my crazy schedule I get forced to not run (rest) at least 2 days out of the week.
9. Music: Have to have it or go without it?
I feel like I really need music. I ran my half without music and it was painful towards the end. But really it comes down to where my head is. If I am in a good mood, no music is needed but if I am in a bad mood that is when the doubt creeps in.
10. #1 reason for running: stress-relief, endorphins, you love to race, so you can eat all the cupcakes you want, weight-loss, love running for social reasons or other?
Stress-relief, endorphins, and really most important is so I can eat dessert! I love sweet things and I feel less guilty if I have made it to the gym or just gone for a run.
Why do you run?